Wednesday, January 28, 2004

LJ or Blogger?

I'm still trying to figure out which version I like better, Blogger of Live Journal. Please bare with me.

I'd really like to take part in the Susan G. Koman 3 Day walk for Breast Cancer Research. The only thing that is stopping me is that each person who registers has to raise $2,000 and also pay $85 in registration fees. In my world that's quite a bit. I'd love to be able to do that, I'm just worried that I won't be able to get that much money together. They say that they'll help you with the fundraising, but that's a lot of money- almost $400 a month until the walk in August. I wish that I could swing it. I'm not even detered by the fact that its 60 miles in 3 days. I was actually looking forward to the challenge and give me a reason to push myself towards working out and doing something better for my body.

I have one month until my birthday. Was kinda disappointed that I didn't get some of the things I wanted for Christmas (ie. new B&N card, balance ball, herb garden, or a nice digital camera). Hopefully I can make that up this time around, I will be a quarter of a century old! Did I mention that my sister got a digital camera from our parents for her birthday???? But the one that I would like is about double the price of hers! *sigh*

Busy and frustration day at work. We ordered tissues from rats and were supposed to get from TWO RATS, and not just TWO tissues from a rat! We had to make our experiment smaller than we had planned, and wasted a lot of time, cells, and even rats! I just hope that it works this time! We've been trying to get it right now since Thanksgiving (did I mentin that it takes a week to do the experiment???). So true that you can't plan science!