Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Random Book Stuff

So I've just finished another book (Dancing in My Nuddy-Pants: Even Further Confessions of Georgia Nicolson by: Louise Rennison). Very cute, VERY easy to read.

If you haven't picked up I'm quite addicted to reading and books. I tend to go crazy if I don't have a book to read (don't believe me, ask my bf, he'll vouch for me!) I've been keeping track of all the books that I've read this year, I think I'm close to 80+. I like haveing my little journal of books that I've read. I also have a list of books that I want to read. Amazingly enough, I'm slowly running out of new titles. So if you know of a good book that you'd like to suggest, please leave a comment. I'm always looking for something to read!

My last trip to the library left me with some slim pickings, so I picked up two books on Greek mythology. (Currently reading Tales of the Greek Heroes.) My head spins from all the names, but I like the stories. I'm also amused with all of the similarities between the Greek mythology and Christian theology. (hmmm... funny how one is referred to as mythology and the other as theology- I'm sure that the ancient Greeks saw their stories about the gods as theology.) Something to ponder.

1 comment:

Juli said...

Ooh, book recommendations? Let's see. Some that I've read lately are: Counting Coup by Larry Colton, Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card, Lion Boy by Zizou Corder, Eragon by Christopher Paolini.

That's about all I can think of right now. I love Louise Rennison's books. She is a great author.

Juli