Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Another book review

Yes, I am a reading fiend. Finished another book last night and then promptly started another one. And yes I am aware that I am addicted!!!


I throughly enjoyed this book. It could be due to the fact that it revoloved around horses. Any book that talks horses usually has me hooked. Horseplay by Judy Reene Reene Singer is a book about a woman who is tired of her cheating husband and leaves her married life to work as a groom in an Olympic training stable. There were so many passages where the main character describes the joy that she takes in caring for the horses, that it reminded me of my horse. I wish I was able to find the quote where she described the sweet smell that belongs to a horse, esp when mixed with the scent of hay and sweet feed. *sigh* Definatly makes me long for my horse, even though she was never properlly trained and acted more like a dog than a horse. ... back to the book, like I said before, I read it cover to cover in a night. The story had me hooked, the ending was a bit too perfect, but its an alternative reality so I can live with that. I'll definatly be keeping my eye out for more by Singer.

No comments: