Wednesday, December 7, 2005

Excuses.... every one has one...

I haven't given up on this blog... I'm still reading (I really and truly go semi-nuts if I don't have a book to read!), just not at the same intensity. You see, I have a problem when it comes to books. I get drawn into them and HAVE TO finish. Not a casual, oh I wonder what happens next, but a compulsion where I seriously have to finish them! To the point where I push everything else aside until I finish the book. (I've been known to put off many many many things that I HAVE to do to read "just one more chapter")

I'm trying to set some new goals for myself that require me to put the book down. I'm in the process of trying to create some healthier habits. I've set a goal of going to the gym 3 times a week (currently on week 4!!!). Now you see, if I had a book that I haven't read and sucks me in, I would seriously have problems getting myself to stick with my new goal. Why not take the book with me to the gym? I've tried that, doesn't really work for me (I lose my balance, and I don't want to be known as the girl that fell off the tredmill).


I'm currently re-reading The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice. I've read this book enough times that I know whats going to happen so that I can focus on the other goals I have set in my life. Rice's Vampire Choronicles are one of my favorite series. The world that she creates is like no other. She pulls me in and fully enters my being. I've had dreams about being a vampire while emersed in her series. Rice's vampires have me ruined for any other kind of vampire novel (or movie). If another writer's vampires don't follow her rules, I tend to lose interest because they "aren't real." (been known to cause problems when a friend suggest other vampire novels, yes I know I'm picky!)

I loved the movie version of Interview with a Vampire with Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt and Christian Slater. I gave Queen of the Damned a chance. I drove my boyfriend nuts with my problems with the movie (mainly that they didn't follow the book and that they changed things that shouldn't have been changed!!!!!!) But it has left me curious to try the movie one more time after re-reading The Vampire Lestat . I know, I'll prolly just get all pissed off because they didn't do it like it was in my head. *sigh* I can wish though

No comments: