Thursday, July 5, 2007

Pellinor Series


A few weeks ago I stopped in at the library and picked up the first book for Alison Croggon's Pellinor Series, The Naming. I have to say I was quite impressed. It has a lot of the fantasy elements that one finds in Lord of the Rings type books (only these have the amazing ability to not put me to sleep- I'm sorry, LOVED the idea of the books, just had trouble with Tolkien's writing). Its also amusing that the main character is a young girl who plays a main role in the battle between good and evil.

Imagine my surprise when I went back to the library and they had the second book in the series, The Riddle. I sped threw it and am still as hooked as I was on the first book. I did a quick search and found out that the 3rd is out.... IN AUSTRAILIA!!! It doesn't come out in the US until September. Talk about a total buzz kill. The only good side is that the next Harry Potter book comes out this month.

Definitely take the time to check out the Pellinor series if you start feeling some fantasy withdrawal after the final Harry Potter book. You won't be disappointed!

No comments: