Wednesday, November 10, 2004

So I have a crown now... does that make me a princess???

Crowns and stuff...
One more quick trip to the dentist (putting on the permament crown) and then I'll have all of my cavities taken care of. It's amazing... I went to eat a candybar and didn't have to stop halfway through it because my teeth hurt! Who would have thunk it!!!
I do have to say that making the impression for the crown was by far the worst part of the whole root canal experience! The stuff that they used made me gag- do you know how hard it is to keep your teeth clamped down while not trying to taste the foul misture in your mouth, hearing the timer go off and no ONE coming in to relieve you of the most hideous tasting concoction known to man and have the knowledge that if you move your teeth to actually throw up that you'll only have to redo the damn impression????? Its a damn good thing that my dentist is VERY nice to look at that I put up with that kind of abuse! (oh, you need me lying flat on my back for another hour..... *doe eyed look* ok :)

Books
I love to read and just finished Eoin Colfer's The Supernaturals. This was just an amazing book! I was impressed with his Artemis Fowl series, but I have to say that his solo novels are simply wonderful! They are marketed as young adult books but they aren't dumbed down. I'm drawn into the world that he creates- be it in the future, involving faries and other fantastic creatures, or dealing with the supernatural. He takes things that we've heard in farie tales and makes them modern- makes them meld with modern/futurstic science. If you have the chance, go check out Eoin Colfer's works. You won't be disappointed.

No comments: