Monday, January 15, 2007

Dresden

Dresden

When I was a little girl, my great aunt Ruthie promised me a quilt as a wedding present. The past few years she's been trying to pass it off on me but I always told her that I wasn't married yet and that I had to wait. With the recent death of her husband her urgings to take my quilt have been ever more persistent. I finally agreed to take it this Christmas. She had me pick my quilt out years ago and I had forgotten how gorgeous it is. The pattern is called Dresden Plate and I'm told that blue quilts are worth more than any other color. She said that she made my quilt after going to a quilt museum and had to immediately run to the fabric store to recreate it. I really and truly forgot how pretty it is. Did I mention that she does the WHOLE thing by hand? There may be a few places where she'll drag out her machine (piecing the blocks together) but for the most part its hand pieced and hand quilted.

I'm so proud! *glee*

No comments: