Sunday, April 6, 2008

Week 2: DONE!

So yay! I finished week 2- just barely. Went to a different place for our run. Was good and bad. Most of it was flat but the run just wasn't as easy as it was on Thur. I'm not quite sure what the difference was- maybe its my knee? My recoveries between runs seemed on par with Thurs. run. And as promised, I got in plenty of water before the run, some food. I could have stretched a bit more than i should have.

looking back...
Tues run- horrible
Wed, did some walking ~2 miles
Thur run- awesome!
Fri- nothing and my knee was bugging me all day! Even walking on it felt off
Sat- got through the run, but not as easily as Thur- I'm thinking mainly due to my knee. I did take it easy and not run up or down any major hills, and we did an extra mile of walking at the end.

So, at what point do I decide that its time to see a professional? I've been icing my knee after runs and using icy/hot and heat pads before bed. There is a HUGE part of me that doesn't want to stop the training- I want to make it to the end of week 9. I want to be able to do this. I don't want to hear a doctor tell me to stop trying to run all together. *sigh*

Today, I haven't noticed anything major but its been quite a relaxing day. I didn't notice any pain with the stairs. Tomorrow will be yoga after work. It felt really good last week and I was amazed at how tight my muscles were. I'm also going to take it easy tomorrow and no stairs- possibly no walking up the huge hill in front of my building, that is if I can get away with it.

No comments: