Sunday, June 21, 2009

The roller coaster that has become my life...

Grandma: You know, when I was nineteen, Grandpa took me on a roller coaster.
Gil: Oh?
Grandma: Up, down, up, down. Oh, what a ride!
Gil: What a great story.
Grandma: I always wanted to go again. You know, it was just so interesting to me that a ride could make me so frightened, so scared, so sick, so excited, and so thrilled all together! Some didn't like it. They went on the merry-go-round. That just goes around. Nothing. I like the roller coaster. You get more out of it.
-Parenthood

I think its safe to say that this quote describes my life right now. There have been many changes to the merry-go-round that was my life, the life that I thought that I was happy with and wanted. I was bumped off and have been rushed to the front of the line for the roller coaster. The past month have been full of ups and downs- it seems for every low, I've also had a high that equals it. Its been an interesting experience. Who knows where this will take me now.

Much thanks to my aunt for opening my eyes to this idea.

No comments: