Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Macaroni Star

It started with this star
From 2010 Dec

It was a simple craft project that I did back in 3rd grade. I thought that it was a very cute idea... among my family, I seem to be in the minority. There has been a yearly struggle between me and my dad about putting my poor little dear star on the Christmas tree. He thinks its hideous... I disagree and out of spite, I insist that it should go up near the top of the Christmas tree- trying to oust Dad's many Enterprise/Star Trek ornaments from their position as 2nd highest ornament (the angel on the top of the tree gets top billing). Its a fun struggle that we have carried on for several years.

This year, I finally put a real tree in my house and claimed some of my ornaments from my youth. My dad cheerfully suggested I take "my damned star" with me as well. I know how he has been mourning the loss of my silver star on his tree, so I decided to do something to fill that void in his heart and on his tree.... enter his new ornament
From 2010 Dec

From 2010 Dec
Now with this one... he gets his Star Trek Enterprise... which by tradition HAS to go near the top of the tree and it has all that obnoxiousness that I loved so much with my silver star. I think its win win for both of us ;)

From 2010 Dec

No comments: