Saturday, March 29, 2008

Week 1: COMPLETE!

I have finished the first week of the C25K training. I made all 3 training sessions and with the exception of Tuesday's run, there was an additional loop done at the park. YAY!

Today's run had me a little cautious of my knee. The first running interval I ran very gingerly and noticed a slight discomfort. As the run went on, I only really noticed it on the hills. Yes, my route has a little bit of hill work in it. I did take extra time to do a few sun salutes before I started and stretched out quite a bit after the cool down- but before the extra lap. At the moment I'm not feeling any pain in my knee but am doing my best to keep an eye on it to make sure that it doesn't get worse.

The weather was much cooler today than the rest of the week. I wish I had brought a pair of gloves to keep my fingers warm. My legs didn't seem to mind that I was in capris/long shorts (they end at my knees), that is- as long as I was running. The cool down at the end is when I noticed that the wind was blowing chilly air on me!

Next week:
Brisk five-minute warm-up walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes. Followed by a cool down walk.

No comments: