Friday, May 16, 2008

Hitting a wall on week 7...

I've been chugging along quite nicely with the C25K running program, that is- until this week. Went into the week actually looking forward to the 3-25 min long runs, esp since I now have my mother's day gift from my darling kitties (what? it totally counts! and sounds a lot better than me spending that much on myself on a new hobby ;)

I did my run on Tuesday with an aching tooth, trying to fight off a cold. News from the dentist said, yep, those wisdom teeth are coming out and I was loaded up with some pain meds. Boy, did I need them! The pain in my tooth/jaw just kept getting worse and with my immune system down that would be when the fight against the cold lost. I spent most of Wed and Thur in bed with various meds. That means I missed my first scheduled run in over 8 weeks!

The internal struggle with that one! I knew that I wouldn't be able to make it for a run with just the task of walking to my car was almost too much for my woozy head. I'll wait and see what more rest and time will do for me. I'm hoping that I can run- or try to run a bit tomorrow morning. The pain in my jaw has now blossomed into a lovely swollen chipmunk cheek. If the tradeoff for no pain is a chipmunk cheek- I think I'm okay with that- for now anyways. They yank my teeth on Monday and I'm hoping the recovery from it will be swift and I can get back to my training schedule.

I have officially signed up for the Komen Race for the Cure in DC. I'm trying hard to not think about how early I'll have to get up to get there on time. I'm still waiting to hear if my mom is planning on coming to watch. She is the reason for me picking that particular race to run in. She is a two time breast cancer survivor and am damn proud of it! Anyone willing to donate, please see below. I'm not usually the type of person to ask but am providing the info for those who want it.


Click Here to Donate

No comments: