Tuesday, June 3, 2008

5K Test Run

My 5K is just days away and felt the need to prove to myself that, yes I can run 3.1 miles. May not be the best decision to make before a race but I did it! I ran the entire 3.1 miles without stopping and clocked in a time of 42:22. It averaged out to just under a 14 min/mile. That is slightly slower than my runs up to this point BUT its also almost a mile more than I'm used to doing. Overall I'm quite happy with myself. :D

Still working out the details on how to use my Garmin 405. I forgot to turn it off when we finished up today and it tracked me all the way home- amusing to say the least. I'm quite happy with it so far, just need to work on the practical applications of it. I have 3 different places where the data can be stored- two online sources (they are in the process of transferring systems) and one on my computer. I'm not quite sure which I like best. Still playing.

No comments: